Impact of Delphi technique
- Business may use a group of experts without bringing them together.
- The experts will give the business clear ideas/solutions on how to improve on productivity/profitability.
- Information received from experts can be used to solve complex business problems.
- Experts may give honest/credible opinions as they do not have a direct/personal interest in the business.
- Conflict may be avoided especially if all employees are knowledgeable and well qualified.
- Dominating employees may not take over the process as they do not form part of the problem solving process.
- It reduces noise levels in an office environment since there is no group discussion.
- It is an expensive technique to use due to high administrative costs.
- May be time consuming/complicated to analyse data received from experts.
- Not all experts are willing/interested to give feedback/complete questionnaires.
- Some experts might not have an in-depth knowledge of certain topics.
- Experts' suggestions may not be considered by some employees so consensus may not be reached.